Monday, August 15, 2011
Our little gift from above!!
Our little sweetheart is here!!!!! Who knew that going to my normal doctor appointment would result in a trip to the hospital to be induced...all in the same day!! So for those of you who would like a long read here is the story!!! The day before our appointment I had been praying that if anything was wrong with the pregnancy or the baby that our doctor would actually take time to check it out! (The doctors never really thoroughly checked things...they just got me in and out as fast as they could) Well my prayers were answered!!! I had casually mentioned something to our doctor as we were ending the appointment when she said, "well, let's just do an ultra sound real quick to check things out." THIS IS A HUGE DEAL!! We had to fight and fight and fight to just get our 20 week ultra sound. So for her to give us an ultra sound for this was pretty amazing!! Well sure enough there was a problem that would not have been detected had the doc. not taken the time to check! The baby had little to no fluid left in there! Apparently I had slowly been leaking amniotic fluid for a couple weeks!! She left the room to look at a couple samples from a test then came back in, sat down, looked Dave and I in the eyes and said, "How would you feel about having this baby?" I thought she meant maybe later in the week but I was WRONG! She then proceeded to tell us that we needed to head to the hospital to be induced within the hour!! WHAT??!?!? WE WERE SHOCKED !!! (Remember I was only 38 weeks) What happened after this point is kind of a blur but we rushed home, grabbed our bags, had one last meal, and of course played with little kitty before we left her for a couple days!! Before we knew it we were in our hospital room & I was putting on that ugly smock!! At 6 p.m. they started my pitocin and the contractions started coming!! I am very VERY happy to say that the contractions hurt but it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be! I dilated at a steady pace and made it to 8 cm before I got the epidural! By 7 a.m. Chloe's head was showing and I was ready to push!! I didn't feel a thing!!!!!!! OH HAPPY DAY!!! The nurse told me that when I felt a contraction I should push...but to my amazement I had NO idea when I was having one!! After 45 minutes of pushing little cuddly Chloe came into the world at 8:22 a.m. With her eyes WIDE open they lifted her up!!! Tears filled our eyes as they laid her on my chest! She immediately looked right into my eyes and then Dave's and then mine and then Dave's. I was shocked at how alert and focused she was!!! Words cannot express the extreme love and happiness that filled our hearts!! I am so in love with my little family!!!! Thankfully my parents and sister Mandie were able to make it just in time for the birth!! Little Chloe had a room full of people that love her to welcome her into the world!!! At 5lbs 14 oz. & 19 inches long she's healthy and strong!! Thankfully we were able to go home within 48 hours!! WE LOVE HAVING our cuddle bug home and safe! She has the sweetest most angelic little personality. She LOVES it when we sing or hum to her and even more she likes it when we tickle her face!! She rarely cries and if she does it doesn't last more than a couple minutes!! The doctor was shocked at how strong and alert she is and said she looks GREAT!!! We thank Heavenly Father everyday for blessing us with this sweet child and pray that we can be the parents that she deserves!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



What a blessing! Heavenly Father looks out for his little ones. You're going to be a great momma. So proud!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad everything worked out and labor went so well! She is such a cutie and looks just like you two! I hope you go to a different doctor next time!
ReplyDeleteShe's soooo cute!!
ReplyDeleteDave: Definitely one of life's best moment's. Especially when the doctor handed her too us right after delivery and Chloe looked back and forth from mine and Ann's eyes.
ReplyDeleteAnn, you were awesome!