Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Beach Babes...in the hospital!
David had to go to the East Coast for work, so little Chlo and I went too! We stayed in a beautiful hotel on the beach and loved every minute of seeing the ocean all day. Highlight of the trip...Chloe learned to wave!! It's definitely a friendly place so I'm not surprised she picked it up!!! And boy is it cute!!! We visited all the shops and local restaurants and even made it out to the beach to play! Chloe loved it but wasn't too sure about the sand...especially after she did a face plant and dived right into it! AHHHHHHH what a fiasco that was! Yikes!! Let's just say that was our last excursion to the beach!
The trip started out great but I'm afraid I can't say it ended that way :( Chloe had a low grade temp. that evolved into a fever of 104 and freaked me out!!! Nothing was bringing it down and because we were away from home I had no choice but to take her to the ER. and sure enough Dave was stuck at work with no way to come and help! So I gave myself a pep-talk and was on my way! But of course as soon as we got in the car we were graced with the presence of a torrential down poor of lovely east coast rain! I think you all know that driving in a severe storm, with a crying sick child in the backseat, while not knowing where you are going is the WORST thing ever!! Needless to say, I was a bit frazzled!! Hahaha but I am glad to report that while I am writing this, I'm chuckling at the stroke of bad luck that has now turned into an interesting memory. So we eventually made it to the ER but only after making 4 U-turns and going 'in' the 'out' a couple times,asking for directions twice, and being completely drenched from head to toe!! But may I repeat, we made it!!! Everyone was so kind and helpful and I was shocked they got us into a room quickly...then took some tests...an Ex-Ray...gave some Tylenol...and 4 hours later Chloe was zonked out on my chest and it was time to head home!!! HALLELUJAH the temperature came down and we were in dry clothes & in the comfort of our hotel room only 4 hours later!
I am so thankful for the power of prayer with the help of modern medicine and for supportive parents and siblings who know just how to calm me down in times of distress!! We were beyond ecstatic to have our happy little girl back to her giggly self!!!
Long story short...it was a fun trip that turned upside down thanks to sickness! We cut the trip short and eagerly left to be rescued by the comforts of home!
'Chasing' Chloe and Dave
These two have such a special bond! There is something extra special about a daddy and his daughter :)
~A glimpse of Heaven~
Love this little angel!
After a LONG day at the hospital, Chloe was finally feeling better and back to her happy self!
Surprisingly she was totally freaked by the waves...she loves them from afar but up close she was NOT impressed!
I love that smile :)
Sweet baby finally feeling better...could it be because we were going home?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Awe, I'm glad she's okay and that her sickness didn't last too long! Great pictures.
ReplyDeleteshe is SO cute! And I absolutely LOVE you outfit!! You always dress the cutest!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to c u in a couple of weeks.
ReplyDelete