Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Easter, Easter, EASTER!!!
After a week of Easter festivities Dave and I are NEVER eating candy again!!! We had a full week of nothing but Easter fun and CANDY CANDY CANDY!! Since we could not be with our families this holiday we decided to try and still make it special!!! Our week started with the best sugar cookies ever!!! Dave came home from work to find a delicious and might I add CUTE Easter treat to start off our week!! I am sad to report that they only lasted for 1...yes you heard right...1 day! What can we say...we like cookies and they were GOOOOOD!!! I was a bit disappointed that all my hard work decorating them didn't last longer but they were just too tempting!!
What better family home evening activity then dying eggs!! Neither of us had done this for quite some time ANNNNND HOLY COWW...how could we have forgotten how incredibly messy it was??!! Oh well at least my fingers were a lovely shade of pink for the day!

At first we had some UGLY eggs...apparently it was harder than we had remembered...and wouldn't you know it DAVE had all the cute eggs and mine were soooo bad looking!! Ughhh haha But after multiple tries of dipping the same egg in various dyes they all turned out pretty cute!!!

You can't have Easter without Easter flowers!!! Soooo off to Lowes we went and bought flowers to our hearts content!! It was a complete spur of the moment kind of thing so we were planting in the dark baahahhaha Totally fun!! I recommend it to all!! Planting flowers in the dark=my new hobby!


SUNDAY MORNING!! Dave woke up to his HUGE basket and blueberry muffins YUMMM!! We had the cutest matching outfits for church but I was sooo stinkin' sick there was no way I was thinking about taking pictures :( We made it to church but right after sacrament I bolted out of there and Dave had to take me home :((( So saddd but don't worry we had an absolutely wonderful Sunday reflecting on Christ and remembering the true meaning of Easter :) Perhaps the best activity of the week was enjoying the spirit with my husband and sharing our testimony of the Savior!

Next activity of the week...AN EASTER TREEE!!!! YES my husband made me the BEST Easter tree!!!! What a sweetheart right?? Every time we would go out I would see these trees with the decorated eggs on them...come on ladies you know which ones I'm talking about!! And of course they were terribly expensive :(( So I stayed strong and did not succumb to the adorable little trees hahah So Dave started making this brilliantly large tree!! EEEEEE soooooo CUTE!! Great job Dave!!! Who knew wire, tape, and spray paint could look so good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Your cookies where SUPER cute! Looks like you two had a great Easter week :)
ReplyDelete