Nothing beats family time in the fall!! Dave and I were invited to a weekend getaway to Colonial Williamsburg!! THANK YOU KRIS & RYAN! Let’s just say we definitely know how to have some fun…never a dull moment! We arrived to find a smelly room. Two words…moth balls…gross!! But Ryan came to the rescue & got a new room for us all!! Shopping came next!! We found the BIGGEST outlet mall I have EVER seen!!!! It was most definitely a beautiful moment haha…no but seriously! But much to my surprise and to Dave’s relief I didn’t buy one thing!! Thank you thank you! Ben & Jerry’s ice cream…jammies…movies…XBOX… then sleep! First day = success!!!
We woke up bright and early Friday ready to see the sights in COLONIAL WILLIAMSBURG! Tickets…check! Badges…check! Walking shoes…check!! CAMERA…Check!!! And what do you know on our first tour Dave & I get picked to demonstrate 17th century…DANCE! And we all know how much Dave loves the art of dance haha but we totally ‘got served’ by the older couple next to us… sad day. But it got better when on our way to the palace kitchen we got distracted with a sign that said maze by the gardens…as we laughed at how corny and easy we thought it would be, little did we know that it was a serious MAZE! Haha see pictures for details!! My mama always told me that cheating is bad but I have to tell you this time it was GREAT…as I laughed hysterically from above the maze while the other three kept going! Three hours later they finally found their way out pahaha just kidding it was more like 5 minutes later! Next we found ourselves ready for some food from the tavern!! Chicken pots pies and ravioli and peanut soup OH MY! Note to self...you do not like peanut soup! Throughout the day we saw red coats and rifles, militias and cannons, outdoor theatrics and squirrels!!! And I just have to brag about my sweet husband for buying me a beautiful necklace while we were there!!!
Some how that evening we found ourselves in the arcade offered by the time share! I have never seen so many games in-my-life!! And they were FREE!! You herd it right…FREE! So who even knows how long we were in there! Fabulous! Time for our jammies and movies! How to Train your Dragon and Prince of
Sooooo many laughs, soooooo much chocolate = soooooo much fun!!
Who’s ready to go again?!?!



That sounds like u guys had SO much fun!!!! jealous! that maze looks intense!!! reminds me of that one part of the labyrinth...I wanna see the necklace! :D
ReplyDeleteThanks GLIMMIE!! I MISSS YOOOUU!! I will have to take a picture of the necklace!!
ReplyDelete