Did they just go to another historical site???? Yes…yes we did!! But why you ask?? Okay so here’s the story!! Ever herd of Flat Stanley?? Well for school our niece sent us her Flat Stacey!!! Where she sends Flat Stacy all over the country to see what adventures turn up in her travels!!! So what better excuse then to visit Monticello!! Now I have to admit I didn’t think it would be that exciting but whoa it was AMAZING!! Call me lame but learning the history ofThomas Jefferson was wayyyy intriguing…nothing at all like sitting in history class (no offense Mr. Randall) Let’s just say that Dave and I have collected several ideas for things to put in our dream home!! Emphasis on the word dream! There were books & books & MORE books. Paintings &paintings & MORE paintings. And are you ready for this?? A jaw bone of a mastodonimmediately greeting all who enter the home! One word…Epic! Unfortunately I was unable to take a picture…apparently there are no photo taking privileges allowed…LAME! But I didn’t know that until I had already taken one forbidden picture mwahaha!! Haha actually no, I felt really bad after the tour guide came in and YELLED at me !! Okay, okay so maybe I’m a littledramatic…perhaps he was actually quiet calm about it :) But the architecture is amazing in detail & the breathtaking land stretches forever!!! Apparently it took hundreds to manage this estate!!! It was like having their own private village. I WANT ONE!! You are all welcome to come & live in my private village on top of my mountain…once I get it :)) I encourage all to go to Monticello because I simply cannot do it justice!! On the long walk down from the ‘little mountain’ Dave and I enjoyed the peaceful surroundings of the forest and its beautiful fall colors!! And maybe I even stole a kiss :))
Good luck on your adventures Flat Stacey!!!
Ann&Dave&Flat Stacey
The 'forbidden' picture!!
Right before we got 'yelled' at:)

Dave and Flat Stacey!
Crazy long tunnels under the house!

~our little family~

FLAT STACEY!

My sweet hubby...DAVE!
Beautiful view from the mountain top
That is so cool. I am glad that you are having such a great time being married and traveling.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a load of fun....wish I could see it!!!! =)....luv ya both.....and email me Andera!!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to visit Monticello! I envy you guys
ReplyDeleteNext time your out here we will have go!!!
ReplyDelete